Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days... we just haven't been doing much. We're in Guangzhou now, and our flight here was fine, only about an hour long. Ruby is bonding very well with Dad, but she and Mommy haven't bonded very well yet, so they're spending some more time together tonight. Please pray for Mom... it's hard for her and Ruby not to bond very well. But everything will work out... Ruby is just more drawn to men. She won't let Mom or any women hold her, but she'll go to men that are pretty much strangers to her. It's crazy... but once we get home especially, it'll all work out. This happens often where the baby will bond better with men, but the babies always come around and bond with the Mommies. :)

Just wanted to post a few pictures of the last few days. Enjoy!

Abbie

These first two are pictures of the view out of the window of our hotel (the White Swan) at night and early in the morning...

All the girlies...
Sisters..... and my new parasol :)
Phoebe and Ruby
They always take the traditional Bethany "red couch" photo of all the babies together... they were all pretty upset

All the Mommies with the babies (Mom and Ruby are all the way on the far right)
Ruby in her little Chinese outfit for the red couch photo



This is our hotel from the outside at night.

6 comments:

Grammy said...

Awwwwwwwww - Ruby looks so darling in her Chinese outfit! Angie, don't despair, Dear Heart, - God is watching and it's only been a few days. I am praying that the situation will turn around as Ruby feels the love and nurture in your arms each time you hold her.

Guanzhou looks pretty with lots of pretty lights. Love your parasol, Abbie!!!

Many BIG HUGS to all 7 of you!!!!!
Grammy and Grandpa

Amy said...

We went through the exact same thing with Jadyn, don't worry, she will be fine. I have a suggestion, email me at amyrhood@comcast.net and I will email you back and share it with you. It worked GREAT for us. Glad things are going well, sounds like they are pretty much "normal". Thanks for the update. Amy Hood

The Shingletons said...

Oh Angie, I am praying for you right now. I know that yearning to hold Ruby and comfort her is so overwhelming. I pray God will give you peace as you wait on His timing. He has placed Ruby in the perfect home for her to feel loved and treasured.

Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomp-
lished!"

You are blessed my friend!
Love you, Shawnah

Anonymous said...

Don't worry! Ruby will bond with her mom sooner rather than later. Lydia liked men better, too (still does among strangers), but she's more and more a momma's girl every day. When Lydia liked Gene better than me, I consoled myself with the knowledge that he'd be the one holding her during the long flight home. He'd be the one whose limbs were completely numb from trying not to move as she slept. I was right...

Never Too Old said...

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for another round of pictures. I sure miss you guys/gals. And about the bonding with men thing - my best friend, Steph has a nephew. He and his wife adopted 3 kids, one was a little girl from China. Their adopted girl bonded with the Dad at first, but very quickly bonded with the Mom once they got her home. So, this must be a common thing. We're all praying for you, Angie, cuz I know it's got to be tough to deal with. But just keep in mind that although you've been dreaming about Ruby for years, she hasn't been doing the same, so of course, she won't feel the same relief to be in your arms as you have to finally have her. She'll come around very soon - you'll see. I'm sure it won't take her long to discover that she has won the "Mommy" lottery! She's a very, very lucky little girl to be placed in such a wonderfully loving family.

I can't wait to see you guys on Thursday.

Love,

Aunt Debbie

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Oh wow....Ruby is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am going to be praying that she bonds with her mommy very soon!! I found your blog from Gwen's....and love your family. Ya'll are precious!!

Please check out our blog and PRAY!! We are in the middle of some hard stuff.

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler