Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cloisonne Factory & The Great Wall

Today we went to a Cloisonne Factory (which was fascinating), and the Great Wall. It was so unbelievable to be standing on THE Great Wall of China... I can't really describe it. It was really great. We took a lot of pictures, of course, and I have some to post. Tomorrow morning we leave for Changsha, and the next day Ruby will be brought to us in our hotel there in Changsha. I am so excited, I can hardly believe it. I know mom's going crazy. She's having a wonderful time, but there's just this huge looming thing that's clouding her mind constantly, you know? It's so exciting. Sometimes I feel like I'm even more excited for mom to finally be here than I am for myself.

We also ate at a restaurant inside of a Jade factory. I don't really have pictures of that, because we didn't have an official "tour" or anything. But they had a ton of jade things for sale that were fun to see. On our way home, we also got to see the Olympic Village, which is where they're building all of the crazy buildings for the Olympics. They had a HUGE building that a bubbly-looking outside for the swimming competitions and another huge thing that everyone calls the "bird's nest". It's this twisty, nest-like metal building and it looks so cool. I'll add a couple of pictures of that too...

Please pray for a safe flight tomorrow for us to Changsha. I'm so silly... it doesn't matter how much I fly, I still get a little nervous before flights.. I'm sure everything will be perfectly fine. It comforts all of us so much to know that we have so many people praying for us back home!!!!

Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures for today... Love you guys tons! :)

Abbie



Cloisonne Factory...
















The Great Wall...





(Above) All of our hands touching the Great Wall!





(Above) There was a ton of graffiti-ish carvings on the wall, which is kind of sad. But I thought some of them were really cool looking, like this one.












Olympic Village...




(Above) the bubbly swimming building

(Above) the "bird's nest"

(Above) "bird's nest" again

3 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am sure the trip is going fabulous ... you all look very happy and the day is approaching for Ruby to join her family ... we are all praying here...

Grammy said...

Abbie, you are a great blogger! And, the photos are so great! What a fabulous experience for you all! Now on to Ruby!!!!! I can't believe that around 36 hours from now you will be holding your precious one in your arms!!! What a wonderful blessing for all of you and especially for precious Ruby!!!

I know through our prayers and love and those of many others that God is throwing a "safety net" around all of you through the continuation of your time in China and your trip home.

Much love to all,
Grammy and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.