Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nine Days, Nanny Prayers, And a Hole in My Heart

Nine days! Exactly two weeks from today she will be in our arms! Does not compute. Does not compute. What an adventure! Everything is just about ready. I have bibs and bottles and formula and pacifiers and diapers and soft blankies and little sleepers and onesies and toys and books and all kinds of stuff and junk for our little jewel!

I am so relieved to have the knowledge that she has been in an institution with much care and attention. Whenever I see pictures of the children, they are dressed well, their hair is combed or done up with colorful ponytails (they use an assortment of hair accessories) and generally they look pretty healthy. I have seen pictures of the beds and they appear to sleep on wood with folded blankets as a cushion. This breaks my heart. I am excited to be able to introduce her to fine linens, fluffy pillows and jammies washed in Downy... Knowing that the nannies have potentially bonded with Ruby is an answer to prayer. It is also cause for continued prayer. This will be a very difficult transition. Not only for Ruby, but also for the nannies. They have given the greatest gift possible to Ruby of unconditional love in full knowledge of the painful day of goodbyes that is quickly approaching. Please pray a blessing over these dear ladies. And as they try to explain to Ruby about us, may they find the right words to help her understand what is happening.

We are praying that even now the Lord is working on repairing that hole in her heart. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was completely closed upon examination here in the states? Our God is able. Won't you stand in faith with us as we invite God to shine in this circumstance?

God is so good to create spaces for those we love before we even meet. I felt this way each time I was expecting my three girls... That expectation causes you to stretch out your arms, as if for a precious gift and a longing is born as you wait. A desire to see what unfathomable joys God has planned for you because of His great love for you forms a space deep within. In a place of mystery, He lovingly prepares us to receive a child. There is a hole in my heart soon to be remedied when at last I can look down and see her resting peacefully in my arms.

1 comment:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

such sweet words ... i pray for good travel and health for all and i pray that ruby will know your voices ...can't wait to see her in your arms....