Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

About Jiangyong Social Welfare Institution

I have been in touch with a lady who has adopted from the same orphanage Ruby is in! She was able to have lunch with the orphanage director and she shared some of her findings about the orphanage with me...

The orphanage isn't very big and only one wing of the upstairs is for the children. All of the downstairs and possibly the other two wings upstairs are for geriatric residents of the SWI. She said she thought the director said there were only 4 girls left in the orphanage on the day they visited, two who were severe special who would never be adopted, Ruby and her girlie. They don't have air conditioning. In some of the photos she received, you can tell that they shared the clothes among the babies - no one outfit belonged to any one girl. She believes they receive lots of attention. Her daughter likes men better than women which later made her wonder if some of the geriatric residents didn't visit the children. Her daughter was very clean, wearing new clothes and shoes, and while she was thin, she was and is quite healthy.

We plan on keeping in touch and visiting her as she lives conveniently on the way to family...

I am sad to say that she believes the picture I was so excited about is not of Ruby. This really surprised me because it really looks a lot like her. I can't help but wonder if this little girl could be her twin sister? It satisfies my heart to know that soon I can take as many pictures as I'd like!! Just ten more days and we'll be off....

1 comment:

Tina said...

Praying for you... and EXCITED to see this little wonder for myself! Whoo hoo!