Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Whew!

What a week! In the midst of the dozens of phone calls, unending emails, and overwhelming details there is a quiet place that is so reserved, set apart for Ruby. I can't explain it, but it keeps me going forward. I regularly dream of holding her, playing with and feeding her. We are so right for each other, like God has truly matched us. These are dreams I will cherish.

In booking our flights we were able to save 3,500.00!!! How about that? I am so relieved that the big money decisions are behind us now. We got our confirmation for in China arrangements today too! So everything is set. We are ready to go! The only big bummer so far that I see is we'll have a seven hour layover in Hong Kong before we get on our flight back to the states. What will we do for seven hours!? I'm sure Ruby will have a few ideas...

We bought a cozy car seat for Ruby. We decided to get a great one, a really, really soft one because she's probably never been confined in one of those things before. We want her to be as comfy as possible when we pop her in it after flying for 20 hours! We'll get home past midnight and I fear she will protest about being buckled up. We also have a trip to Texas to plan as soon as we feel she is able to handle it emotionally.

I bought a little step stool for Ruby to stand on in the kitchen to help me prepare the meals... I bought Phoebe and Ruby matching chef's hats to use in the kitchen, too. I can't wait to see her toddling around here, finding her way through each room as we find our way into her heart.

I am so glad it is Friday night! Just two more Fridays and we're off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your TA! I know you'd get on a plane right now if you could. I wish I could go with you. Please try emailing me again. I'd like to discuss something I don't want EVERYONE to read. Suzy Premierdal@aol.com