Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

TA! TA! TA!!!!!

TA means travel approval. We have been approved by the government in China to come and bring Ruby home. Yesterday was a whirlwind. We have our flights booked, and we'll be leaving on the 9th of October. There are no words to describe what I'm feeling. Mainly relief, if I had to put it into words. Relief that the wait is coming to a close. Relief that this child will now have a family. Relief that soon I will hold her in my arms. The best part of yesterday was receiving updated information on Ruby...

"Yong Jiangyuan—
Height: 75 cm; weight: 8.3 k.g. head circumference: 45 cm; chest circumference: 45 cm. Teeth: 16; foot: 11 cm.

She can walk alone. She is cooperative when putting on clothes. She can hold bottle or cup. She can put food into her mouth. When you ask for something that she holds in hand she will give it to you.

She can play by herself for a long time as long as someone is nearby. She will grab other children’s toys and knows her name. She understands No.

She is quiet and alert. She has a ready smile and is shy with strangers."

Sixteen teeth?! I guess soon she'll be ready for steak. 75 cm in height translates to 29 inches. 8.3 kg in weight converts to 18 lbs. She'll be almost 19 mos. old when we see her for the first time in person. We will receive her on the 14th in Changsha. I wish we could fast forward time. The in China travel coordinators are working on our flights, transportation and hotel accommodations and we will have our final itinerary a few days before we leave Nashville. What an adventure we are in for! The girls are all squeals with delight and anticipations of the months ahead, getting to know their little Chinese sister.

We have been reading and studying and learning a little bit of the language. We are so much looking forward to being surrounded by all of these people, places and history that we have been studying about. We'll keep you posted. Keep us in your prayers as we finish our final preparations for welcoming Ruby into our hearts and home.

1 comment:

Tina said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!
Whoop Whoop!!!!

I can't wait to hold her too...
I am SO thrilled for you, my extended family. I love you and praise my God for HIS faithfulness!!!!!!!!