Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Will It Stabilize?

"In order to deal with this imbalance, CCAA has decided to both reduce
the number of dossiers accepted by applying stricter standards to
potential adoptive families and to increase the number of children
available for adoption by improving the situation of children in
China's orphanages. To this end, CCAA has plans to create a new
charity (Blue Skies) to provide the care needed by orphanages to keep
infants and young children alive and well enough to be adopted. One of
Blue Skies' first projects will be giving incubators to orphanages for
babies born prematurely.

However, CCAA warns that this will not immediately decrease the length
of time that families are now waiting for referral of their children.
That length of time will remain the same (around 15 months) or even
increase somewhat. All families should now plan to file a second
I-600A in order to apply for a new I-171H unless they are adopting a
Waiting Child." RQ

Great news! This information comes from an agency this week. If this pans out, we could be getting a call in April and in China in June. I'm not getting my hopes up too far. But it would be something to smile heartily about.

No comments: