Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Friday, December 8, 2006

Welcome to Ruby's blog!

How exiting! I finally got my act together and figured out how to start a blog! I have been wanting to keep everyone as informed as possible as to the process of bringing Ruby home. This wait has grown every month since we submitted our paperwork. From what I understand, the wait has never been this lengthy. It is very hard to be expecting a child for so many months and have to wait, uncertain of the day when we will finally see her sweet little face.

We started the process in August of 2005 by making an appointment with our social worker, Bethany Morrison at Bethany Christian Services. She, being on her way to Italy, gave us two mind boggling stacks of paperwork to begin our paper pregnancy. I remember leaving the office feeling numb but very excited. David and I both were in shock and astounded at the wave upon wave of details and information we had just been flooded with. What a relief and thrill! Our first homestudy was behind us. I think I even felt a little nauseaus! :)

No comments: