Little Ruby, tiny treasure, my baby, my dear, little one I'll be with you very soon, very soon. Tender heart take your comfort in the arms of those near 'til the day I will hold you my baby.

Monday, December 11, 2006

New Stats From State Department

"The State Department has their new stats up. The stats show that in 2005 Americans adopted 7,906 babies from China. In 2006 Americans adopted 6,493 babies from China. In 2005 about 632 SN babies came to the U.S. while about 7,274 NSN babies came to the U.S. And this would mean that in 2006 about 1,623 SN babies came to the U.S. while only about 4,870 NSN babies came to the U.S. So the total number of NSN babies would be (by my very rough estimates) around 7,300 babies last year and 4,900 babies this year. That’s a pretty big drop."

This quote from the Rumor Queen helps to show the extreme drop off in numbers for children adopted into America this year. The wait has more than doubled this year. For every month we wait, it is only as if we had waited a couple of weeks. Patience. Maybe that should be Ruby's middle name.

No comments: